|Elections for the City of Wimberley are governed by Article 2.02 of the City Code of Ordinances, the Texas Local Government Code and the Texas Election Code. The members of the city council shall be elected under a place system numbered and designated Place 1, Place 2, Place 3, Place 4, Place 5, and Mayor. The mayor and city council members for Place 2 and Place 4 shall be elected in even-numbered years and the city council members for Place 1, Place 3, and Place 5 shall be elected in odd-numbered years. Mayor and council members shall serve two-year staggered terms. Regular city elections shall be held annually on the uniform election date in May of each year as determined by the legislature of the state.
The City Secretary's office is responsible for managing municipal elections but contracts with the Hays County Elections Administrator for the conduct of the election. Hays County has switched from precinct-based voting to county-wide voting in vote centers. Voting Center locations and times will be finalized in February. There are several locations throughout Hays County for Election Day and Early Voting. Voting Center Locations and times will be published to this page once finalized. Vote Centers free voters from the need to cast their ballots at a specific polling precinct near their homes, allowing them to vote instead at any vote center in their county. Election Code 43.007 provides additional information on this program.
The City of Wimberley contracts with the Hays County Election Administrator to conduct and oversee its elections.
The voting system that is used is the Verity Duo by Hart Intercivic. This voting system is the newest hybrid voting solution that merges the ease of touchscreen voting with the assurance of paper vote records. View the county’s election page for more information.
Important dates for the 2023 City Election are highlighted below.
- First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail - January 1, 2023
- Last Day to Register to Vote - Vote Texas or Hays County Voter Registration. Am I Registered to Vote? - April 6, 2023
- First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance - April 24, 2023
- Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, Not Postmarked) - April 25, 2023
- Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance - May 2, 2023
- Election Day - May 6, 2023 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>