BLUE HOLE SWIM SEASON INFORMATION
Blue Hole Regional Park is a natural, spring-fed swimming hole lined with the iconic Cypress Trees located deep in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. The whole family will enjoy swimming in crystal clear water, sunbathing on the grassy swim lawn, and of course, swinging on our famous rope swings!
Reservations are required for the swim area only. All other recreational areas including our hiking trails, playground, and picnic areas are free, open to the public, and do not require reservations.
The threat of high bacteria levels, other pollutants, and poor visibility conditions are unsafe for swimming. These threats are beyond our control and individuals making a reservation understand that the swimming area may be closed if these threats are present. We will monitor those conditions daily and update information on our website and social media pages.
- $2 per person. Under 3 years old free.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- May 1st through September 4th
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- No reservation required - must show an ID or a piece of mail with a 78676 zip code for admission.
- Up to 10 guests per resident can receive admission for $2 each. These guests do not need to be Wimberley Residents, but do need to be accompanied by a Wimberley Resident.
- Wimberley Residents that have a season pass can also get admission for no charge.
- First come, first serve. Maximum capacity is 250 people.
- Blue Hole is a card-only facility.
You MUST show a valid 78676 ID or piece of mail that proves you are a Wimberley Resident. Wimberley Independent School District (WISD) school IDs will not be accepted.
- Blue Hole does not close for rain.
- If lightning comes within a 10-mile radius, the swimming area will be evacuated and closed for 30 minutes. If the swimming area is closed for 2 hours or more during your reservation, day pass holders will receive a full refund.
- Please be advised the entire park, including the swim area, is subject to closure during severe weather and for special events approved in advance by the City of Wimberley.
- Jacob’s Well is the primary spring source of water into Cypress Creek. However, Cypress Creek has many seeps and springs in the creek bed. Because of this, the Blue Hole swimming area may remain open even if Jacob’s Well is closed.
- Swimming access at Blue Hole is contingent on precipitation and groundwater flow. If bacteria and/or visibility conditions become unsafe, swimming will be suspended.
- We will monitor those conditions daily and update information on our website and social media pages.
The swimming area is an ecologically sensitive area. Please keep the following rules in mind before making a reservation.
- Pets (of any nature) are not allowed in the swim lawn area. They are allowed in all other areas of the park.
- Tree jumping/climbing will not be tolerated. Passes will be revoked for this infraction.
- Children under 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the swim area.
- No stakes will be allowed to be inserted into the ground in the swim area.
- No glass containers or alcohol.
- No BBQ grills.
- No smoking or vaping.
- No fishing.
- No kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, or extra-large inflatables.
- Swim at your own risk.
Ice chests with picnic lunches, camp chairs, 12 by 12 feet or smaller pop-up shade tents, floats, and inner tubes are permitted in Blue Hole.